Rich Decadent Drinking Chocolate
- 8oz (200ml) whole milk or milk of choice (oat, soy, nut-based)
- 60g (2.5oz) discs or chopped 64% Fortaleza
- Heat milk till just starting to boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate and stir with a spoon or whisk till incorporated and starting to thicken slightly (2 minutes).
- Do not burn as you cook the chocolate and milk. You just want it to thicken slightly and stay combined.
- Take off the heat and taste for sweetness.
- Add any sweetener as desired.
- You can reheat gently as needed so it’s something that can be done ahead to serve to customers.
- Also, the chocolate ground with a little brown sugar or honey crystals can be added to a large bonbon shell to make drinking chocolate bombs.
- Additional flavor options that can be nice include spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and chili pepper. You may also opt for some caramel and sea salt, handcrafted marshmallows, whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, or how about a shot of brandy or whiskey? The options are endless, but our favorite is the pure rich flavor of this delicious heirloom cacao blended into a velvety warm drink.