Cacao Expedition: September 2022One-of-a-kind tour of some of Ecuador’s most magical cacao-producing regions
September 2–9, 2022
Back by popular demand, Conexión Chocolate’s Cacao Expedition returns once more this summer!
Join Conexión founder Jenny Samaniego on a one-of-a-kind tour of some of Ecuador’s most magical cacao-producing regions. Immerse yourself in the lush landscape as you learn about cacao from the people who know it best, the farmers. Along the way, you’ll experience the rich culture of Ecuador through its cuisine, arts, music, breathtaking nature, and of course, its chocolate.
Space is limited, so don’t delay!
Highlights of this 7-day expedition include travel to:
- Quito on September 2, where we pick you up from Mariscal Sucre International Airport, host a meet & greet dinner and treat you to the first of many expansive chocolate tastings
- Otavalo on September 3, where you’ll experience South America’s largest artisan market as well as a Kwicha-owned traditional textile shop
- Guayaquil on September 4, the port city known as the gateway to the Galapagos where the Pacific meets colorful homes, cafes, art galleries and spectacular vistas
- Milagro on September 5, the coastal province where you’ll meet partner farmers from Unocase and gain hands-on knowledge about cacao
- Vinces on September 6, the home of an Heirloom Cacao Preservation site where you’ll learn all about the importance of this unique and flavor-rich cacao
- Puerto Quito on September 7, where you’ll experience the beauty and majesty of the Ecuadorian Rain Forest and visit a local chocolate museum
- Papallacta on September 8, for a restorative morning at Termas de Papallacta, a Spa fed by Hot Springs nestled in a splendid valley high in the Andes
- Quito on September 9, for a tour of the historic city center, a farewell lunch and one last chocolate tasting
As you travel, you’ll enjoy curated cuisine that enhances your journey, chocolate tastings that are not only flavor-rich but impart important knowledge, hand-picked hotels that convey the culture of Ecuador, and unique guided tours from locals that want to share the best of their beautiful country with you.
Experience Ecuador through the lens of its people, its cacao farmers, its artists and its chefs!
This exciting 7-Day Cacao Expedition includes all meals, accommodations, in-country travel, chocolate tastings, and guided tours for only $2,850.
[UPDATE (8/20/22)]: Registration is now closed for our September 2022 expedition. We will announce future expeditions in the future.
Unless otherwise stated in the registration materials, to allow Conexion Chocolate to finalize logistics and engage with local vendors:
- A 50% refund will be granted for cancellation requests received up to 30 calendar days prior to the day of the event.
- No refund will be granted for cancellation requests received after 30 calendar days prior to the day of the event.
**Air-fare to and from Quito, travel insurance, alcoholic beverages, and special services like massages and spa treatments NOT included**